Information ASUS Collect
When you use our SERVICE, we may need to collect certain information from you when use or interact with our SERVICE (hereinafter referred to as “Information”); we may ask for the following information:
Information you provide to us
- Your e-mail address and country/region when you sign up or log in ASUS Member account; if you use your social media account to log in or sign up for ASUS Member account to use our SERVICE, any publicly available information (including but not limited to your profile picture, gender, date of birth and language setting) associated to your social media account may also be collected by us.
- Your name, mailing/shipping/billing address (including zip code), contact information, e-mail address, credit card number or other payment service information when you make a purchase of our devices, paid services or for certain customer service request.
- Your name, mailing/shipping address (including zip code), contact information, e-mail, gender, date of birth and ID number when you enter our events or campaigns.
- Your age, date of birth, gender, height, weight, body temperature, heart rate, blood pressure as well as certain data about your daily activities, for example, your step taken, calories burned and sleep patterns, when you use our healthcare devices or services.
Information from your use of SERVICE
- Device information: such as your device model, serial number, the version and type of your operation system, IP Address, MAC Address, IMEI number and other unique device identifiers.
- Log information: such as the settings, activation time of your devices, the network you use to connect to our SERVICE, the status of the network, telephony log information, standby status, crash history, preferred interface, type and language settings of browser, diagnose and usage data as well as your usage behavior on our SERVICE.
- Location information: such as the version of your devices’ GPS and Wi-Fi module, GPS signal, data identifying nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers, the time zone and local time where the device is used.
- Application information: such as the type of your installed applications or software, your usage and interaction with content offered through SERVICE, for instance, the install and uninstall time, frequency of your usage, the category of your preferred applications and software.
How ASUS use information We may use information we collect for the purposes below:
- To assess and improve the SERVICE.
- To obtain customer feedback and to analyze user experience for the purpose of development and evaluation of new services and devices.
- To fulfill the sign-up process of ASUS Member account or device registration.
- To deliver and fulfill any requests made by you, including but not limited to, providing information and documentation regarding purchases such as delivering purchase invoices or proof of purchase; provide software updates and technical notices.
- To process and fulfill any subscriptions you have signed up for, including ASUS eDMs or newsletters to keep you up to date with the latest ASUS news, promotions and upcoming events. You may unsubscribe it at any time with no charge.
- To send you important notifications, such as communications about changes to our terms, conditions and policies. Because of the importance of the communications, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- To verify your identity, deliver campaign entries and rewards, provide shuttle services and cover you with insurance if it is a necessity when you enter our events or contests.
- To assist you on recording, analyzing, modifying and storing information including data about you, your daily activities and the activity results calculated from the data above. Moreover, we will support you on editing and accessing the data and activity results, when you share this information with your family, caregivers, and health care professionals.
- To provide you with recommendation about services you may be interest in based on your use of our SERVICE.
- To provide you with marketing communications and advertising that we believe may be of interest of you.
- To respond to customer support requests, such as product repair requests and respond to your questions.
- To provide you with our customer care and customer satisfaction survey for user experience analysis.
- Any other purposes with your consent.
To whom ASUS disclose your informationYour information will not be disclosed to any third parties without the following exceptions:
We will only disclose or share your information to other third parties with your consent.
We may disclose hashed and anonymized information to our business partners, for example, business partners who provide data analytics services or advertisings and marketing communications based on the hashed and anonymized information.
For legal, protection, security purposesWe may disclose or share your information with third parties for legal or security purposes:
- To the extent it is required by applicable laws or regulations or competent governmental or judicial authorities, necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense, or necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activities.
- To protect the rights, property or safety of ASUS, our service providers, customers or the public, as required or permitted by law.
International transfers of your information
CookiesCookies are small text files placed on your devices to personalize your user experience on our SERVICE. Cookies will not collect information that identifies you:
- Storing your preferences and settings: Cookies maintain your settings and preferences on your devices, such as your preferred language or location; by storing the settings in cookies, it is not a necessity to reapply your preferences and settings each time you visit our websites.
Cookies used on our websites have been categorized below; you may also refer to the charts to know which cookies we use on our websites and who hosts it:
Category 1: performance Cookies
Category 2: functionality Cookies
Category 3: targeting Cookies or advertising Cookies
Category 1: performance cookiesCookies collect information about how you use our websites, for instance which pages you go to most often, and if you get error messages from our web pages. Cookies will not collect information that identifies you. All information cookies collect is aggregated and anonymous. They are only used to improve the performance of our websites.
|Cookie Name ||Host |
|Google Analytics ||Google Inc. |
|TagMan ||Ensighten, Inc. |
|eTrack ||eTrack Products Pty. Ltd |
|Crazyegg ||Crazy Egg, Inc |
|MIGO ||MIGO Corp. |
|Yandex Metrica ||Yandex Europe AG |
|Optimizely ||Optimizely, Inc. |
Category 2: functionality cookiesCookies allow our websites to save your settings and preferences (such as your preferred language or the region you are in) in order to provide you with a more personal and consistent experience each time you visit our websites.
For instance, our websites are able to remember the web pages you recently viewed, the number of times you visit the forums listed on our websites or allow you to review the devices you recently compared on our websites. Cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of our websites that you can customize. Cookies may also be used to provide service you have asked for, such as watching a video on our websites. The collected information such as your browsing activities on our websites is anonymized and cannot be tracked by non-ASUS websites.
|Cookies Name ||Host |
|Popup ||ASUS |
|ProductGroup_RelationId ||ASUS |
|comparecookiename ||ASUS |
|isBusiness ||ASUS |
|recently ||ASUS |
|Lang ||ASUS |
|Google Tag Manager ||Google Inc. |
Category 3: targeting cookies or advertising cookiesCookies are used to deliver advertising that is more relevant to you and your interests by storing how you use our SERVICE. Cookies are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. ASUS places cookies by using advertising campaign services, such as Hubrus DSP, Google AdWords, and Google DoubleClick. The information cookies collect is only used between ASUS and advertising campaign service providers.
|Cookie Name ||Host |
|Google AdWords: Conversion, and Remarketing Cookies ||Google Inc. |
|Google DoubleClick ||Google Inc. |
|Facebook: Conversion, and Remarketing Cookies ||Facebook, Inc. |
|Adform ||Adform |
|Hubrus DSP ||HUBRUS |
- Web Beacons
A web beacon is an often-transparent graphic 1x1 (pixel) GIF or PNG image that is implemented on websites or in an email to measure the effectiveness of campaigns. ASUS or our service providers may use web beacons to know if you visit certain pages or click links on our websites. We may implement web beacons in our marketing communications such as eDMs or ASUS newsletters to know which communication contents you have clicked or read. We will use the information from web beacons to improve our websites and SERVICE.
SecurityWe take precautions to protect your information against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. We conduct internal reviews of our information collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store your information.
Transmission of information between different locations of ASUS and its affiliated companies is performed through our secured wide area network. When you submit your information to us, your information is protected both online and offline.
However, ASUS cannot guarantee perfect security on the internet. To protect your data from unauthorized access, we recommend that you:
If you become aware of a technical vulnerability affecting ASUS SERVICE, please do not hesitate to contact us through email@example.com
- To use alphanumerical passwords when signing up ASUS Member account.
- To change your passwords on a regular basis.
- To keep your devices up to date by applying the latest available security updates for your software and use such tools as virus/spyware scanners.
Manage Your InformationWe want to help you keep your information accurate. You may view and change your information by logging in your ASUS Member account and editing your account information.
For further inquiries about information ASUS collect about you, kindly contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
Whenever you use our SERVICE, we strive to maintain the accuracy of your data and protect your information against any accidental or malicious destruction. We will accommodate your requests regarding your data; however, we may not be able to fulfill all your requests in the following circumstances:
- As required or permitted under application laws;
- For legitimate business purposes;
- Unreasonably repetitive requests that require
- disproportionate technical efforts and resources, for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing the current practices;
- Potentially risks on the privacy of others;
Minor’s PrivacyWe do not knowingly collect information from a minor under the age of thirteen (13), or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, without parental consent. We encourage parents (or guardian) to take an active role in a minor’s online activities and interests while using our SERVICE.
If you are a minor, please seek parental consent before your use of our SERVICE. You may submit your information with parental consent to us only. Your parents (or guardian) can revoke any consent previously given at all times.
Sensitive Personal InformationASUS will never ask you to provide sensitive information such as information about your medical or health records, political or religious beliefs, criminal offences (alleged, or committed), criminal conviction background, sexual orientation, sexual history, behavior or genetic information. Please refrain from providing us with such information.
Legal Compliance Department
Legal Affairs Center
15, Li-Te Rd.,
Updated March 23, 2016 by ASUS Legal Affairs Center