ASUS Vivobook Pro 16X OLED (K6604)
ASUS Vivobook Pro 16X OLED
Wow the World with Ultimate Power
World’s leading 3.2K 120 Hz OLED laptop
Get the ultimate creative experience with ASUS Vivobook Pro 16X OLED! It features the world’s leading 16-inch 3.2K 120 Hz OLED Dolby Vision display1, the latest Intel® Core™ HX55 desktop-level processor and up to an NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 4070 Laptop GPU — empowering maximum performance for any task, no matter how tough. This powerhouse is chilled by ASUS IceCool Pro thermal technology, with dual fans and four vents to keep it cool and quiet. It’s also loaded with superb connectivity, including dual Thunderbolt™ 4 ports and a standard SD card reader for easy file transfers. With an onboard MUX switch and multi-dimensional Dolby Atmos audio built right in, Vivobook Pro 16X OLED also delivers maximum productivity and entertainment. Get ready to create!
ASUS No.1 Creator: GFK and NPD combined retail data in Q2~Q3, 2022, NVIDIA Studio laptop of worldwide market.
ASUS No.1 OLED: GFK and NPD combined retail data in 2021 Q4~2022 Q3, worldwide market.
Windows 11 Pro
Intel® Core™ i9-13980HX
13th Gen HX55 processor
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 4070 Laptop GPU
with NVIDIA Studio Driver support
64 GB DDR5 4800 MHz
with dual upgradable SO-DIMM3
2 TB PCIe® 4.0 x4 M.2 SSD slot
with up to 6.5 GB/s, 1 pcs M.2 slot4
ASUS IceCool Pro thermal technology
dual-fan, quad-vented cooling system (150 W CPU + GPU performance)5
world-leading virtual rotary control
for better gaming experiences
Adaptive color light sensor
for automatic brightness and color temperatures
Full I/O ports
with dual high-speed 40 Gbps Thunderbolt™ 4 and Standard SD card UHS-II with up to 312 MB/s deliver speed
password-free one-touch login
ASUS webcam shield
for instant privacy
crafted for the best sounding
Smart Amplifier for distortion-free sound
multi-dimensional audio experience
Empowering your imagination
Vivobook Pro 16X OLED redefines the standard for creator laptops, with a desktop-grade Intel Core HX55 processor and studio-grade NVIDIA 40-series GPU that deliver extreme performance for every creative task or performance-hungry games. It’s also equipped with ASUS IceCool Pro thermal technology, which can unleash the full 150 W combined thermal design power (TDP) of this powerful CPU and GPU combo. Additionally, Vivobook Pro 16X OLED is equipped up to 64 GB of fast DDR5 4800 MHz RAM, with two upgradable SO-DIMM slots and up to 2 TB of ultrafast PCIe SSD storage.
Desktop-grade creative performance
Vivobook Pro 16X OLED has a desktop-grade CPU that delivers unparalleled performance for multi-tasking projects, content creation and everyday tasks. The evolutionary hybrid-core architecture automatically allocates Performance Cores to demanding single-thread tasks, while the Efficiency Cores concentrate on seriously multithreaded workloads. For the moments when you need the ultimate acceleration, enabling Performance mode in MyASUS pushes CPU power up from the standard 55 W to a peak performance of 105 W.
8 P-cores + 16 E-cores
with Turbo Boost and Intel® TVB
The latest, greatest graphics
The NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 4070 Laptop GPU is designed for the very fastest creator and gaming laptops. Built with the latest Ada Lovelace architecture, it enables ultrarealistic ray-traced graphics, cutting-edge AI computing and programmable shading — lifting all visuals to the next level. In short, no matter how heavy your demands, from 3D product design and model rendering to video encoding, the RTX™ 4070 Laptop GPU delivers all the performance needed for top-end content creation. Vivobook Pro 16X OLED is also backed up by the NVIDIA Studio Driver, ensuring every creative task perform is able to perform at its best.
NVIDIA Laptop GPU
GDDR6 8 GB
total graphics power11
NVIDIA DLSS 3.0
for massive performance boosts
Real-time ray tracing
computing process optimization
MUX switch technology
Vivobook Pro 16X OLED now boasts the latest MUX switch technology, allowing you to choose discrete GPU mode for low latency and optimized experiences on gaming and other intensive tasks, or Hybrid mode for significantly longer battery life.
Discrete GPU mode
for extra performance
for better battery longevity
IceCool technology for an ultracool laptop
Creating without disturbances is essential for content creation. Keeping all these powerful components quiet requires a solid cooling system. Vivobook Pro 16X OLED features ASUS IceCool Pro thermal technology, ensuring that both the Intel Core CPU and NVIDIA GPU run comfortably at their combined 150 W thermal design power in Performance mode. To achieve this, the dual 83-blade liquid-crystal epoxy-polymer fan blades are just 0.15 mm thin, increasing airflow by up to 6%14. We’ve also introduced a new dual cooling fin design to increase heat transfer. This design provides a larger cooling area, ensuring more heat is transferred effortlessly from heat pipes to fins. The fins have a shark fin-inspired design, increasing the turbulence of the air in the heating layer to ensure efficient heat exhaust. In addition, Vivobook Pro 16X OLED features three fan modes, easily switched in MyASUS, empowering you to choose the balance between acoustics and performance.
ASUS IceCool Pro
< 40 dbA
Total TDP (CPU + GPU)11
Up to 5 comprehensive exhaust heat pipes
Innovative Shark fin inspired cooling fins
0.15 mm ultra thin fan blades
World-leading 16:10 16” 3.2K OLED HDR display
Vivobook Pro 16X OLED breaks the boundaries of creation with the world’s leading 3.2K 120 Hz OLED, bringing unimaginable details to your creative work! Your creations will look sharper thanks to the 120 Hz high refresh rate and 0.2ms response time. Featuring 600 nits peak brightness and DisplayHDR True Black 600, colors are reproduced accurately in its brightest lights and deepest blacks. The 100% DCI-P3 color gamut gives you cinema-grade colors while TÜV Rheinland certified for low blue-light emissions and flicker-free operation during the long viewing sessions.Learn more about ASUS OLED displays
3200 by 2000
ultrafast response time
DCI-P3 color gamut
Exhilarating OLED displays
Bring scenes to life with professional-grade colors.
Leading 120 Hz motion clarity
More frames per second, so fast-moving visuals are smoother and clearer than ever.
Make it personal, ASUS Splendid
Fully customizable color with sRGB, DCI-P3, Display-P3, and Native options.
Make magic happen with ASUS DialPad
Discover new ways to work with the exclusive ASUS DialPad, an intuitive physical controller that gives you instant and precise fingertip control over parameters in your creative apps. You can easily change brush size, or rapidly undo actions to make your creative workflow smoother. It’s fully customizable — and works with a wide range of apps!Learn more about ASUS DialPad
PROART CREATOR HUB
Personalize your creativity
ProArt Creator Hub is a personal portal where you can monitor your device’s status, personalize settings, or optimize your workflow for endless creativity. It features an overview Dashboard, Fan Profiles to customize cooling performance, and Control Settings for ASUS creative components personalization. There’s also a new Color Control that helps you optimize color tools: we’ve collaborated with Pantone® to provide digital color data that will help you express your wild creativity.Learn more about ProArt Creator Hub
To complement the powerful Intel Core processor, Vivobook Pro 16X OLED has a long-lasting 90 Wh battery18 that’s ready to power your workflow throughout the day, whether you’re in your favorite coffee shop or seeking inspiration outdoors. Vivobook Pro 16X OLED keeps on going, just like your creativity.
* Battery life may vary based on system configuration.
50% in 30 mins
COLOR AND DESIGN
Designed for tomorrow
Creativity never sleeps, so we’ve designed Vivobook Pro 16X OLED to be neutral yet contemporary — it matches any style, any time. This stunning laptop is available in two colors: Cool Silver and 0 Degree Black, with a tactile twill-patterned texture. The easy-to-open tabbed lid features our latest oh-so-cool logo-tag design, and the color-blocked ESC key and pattern-blocked Enter key let everyone know you’re serious about style.
LOGO TAG DESIGN
TABBED LID DESIGN
Vivobook Pro 16X OLED is loaded with the latest connectivity ports to hook up all your favorite devices. The dual ultrafast Thunderbolt 4 ports support Power Delivery, DisplayPort™, and up to 40 Gbps data transfers; the HDMI 2.1 port gives you 4K 120 Hz or 8K 60 Hz external monitor support. The brand-new SD card reader is perfect plugging in and transferring your creative data on the move. There’s also an Ethernet (RJ-45) port and two USB Type-A ports for maximum flexibility.
2 x Thunderbolt™ 4
up to 40 Gbps data transfer
up to 4K 120 Hz / 8K 60 Hz external monitor support
Standard SD card reader
up to 312 MB/s data transfer
Standard SD card reader
USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A
Audio combo jack
USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A
Thunderbolt™ 4 Type-C
Thunderbolt™ 4 Type-C
We go the extra mile to give you a more effortless and joyful experience, at work or play.
One touch login
The fingerprint sensor integrated into the power button allows easy and secure one-touch login.
Physical webcam privacy shield
The integrated privacy shield slides over the webcam for instant privacy protection against prying eyes and disturbances.
ErgoSense keyboard, comfortable typing experience
The ASUS ErgoSense keyboard has an incredibly satisfying feel, with the optimum key bounce and travel, calculated with fine-tuned precision.
Real-time tracking your presence
The AI-powered camera and sensor can sense your awareness and presence, providing the seamless interaction with your laptop.
Perfect brightness and color tone!
The ambient light color sensor auto-adjusts for changes in the environment brightness and color temperature.
ASUS ANTIMICROBIAL GUARD PLUS
Inhibit 99% of COVID-19, flu virus & bacteria*
ASUS Antimicrobial Guard Plus is applied to frequently touched areas of your laptop to help keep it hygienic. This technology uses a denser treatment* that inhibits viruses and bacteria. And it is scientifically shown — using the ISO 2170220 and 2219621 standards — to inhibit virus and bacteria growth by more than 99% over a 24-hour period6. Strains used for the tests include the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19), H3N2 (Influenza A) and the E. coli bacterium22.Learn more about ASUS Antimicrobial Guard Plus
viral & bacterial inhibiting effect
of lasting protection26
Another dimension of sound
For unrivaled audio quality, Vivobook Pro 16X OLED has Dolby Atmos stereo sound system that’s certified by the audio experts at Harman Kardon. It delivers powerful, immersive sound that’s crystal-clear. The multi-dimensional soundscape of Dolby Atmos immerses you in your favorite entertainment, with sound that moves all around you with breathtaking realism in music, movies and TV.
Always in the best listening spot
Dive into a multi-dimensional cinematic sound experience with Dolby Atmos.
Maximum possible volume
Using a Smart Amplifier and ASUS Audio Booster technology, the audio volume is boosted by up to 5.25x.
AI camera and audio system
Take back control of your meetings with our innovative camera system and ASUS AI noise-canceling audio technology, with new algorithms to make your conference calls even more productive.
Best online meeting experience
ASUS AiSense camera makes sure that you always look your best during virtual conferences.
Hear and be heard clearly
Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation leverages a massive deep-learning database to reduce background noise for microphone and audio.
World’s most strictly tested US military-grade laptop durability32
ASUS laptops33 are engineered with extraordinary toughness meet the exacting US MIL-STD-810H military-grade standard, undergoing 12 rigorous test methods and 26 punishing test procedures — exceeding industry standards. The upshot is a range of products that are renowned for reliability and durability. These factors also inherently benefit longevity and thus sustainability, so you can work, travel or relax with the confidence that your ASUS laptop is ready for the real world — today, and long into the future.Learn more about each laptop quality test results
military-grade test methods
military-grade test procedures
extreme temperature endurance
humidity tolerance for 10 days
1. Functional shock
Operational, Unpackage, 40 g, 11 ms, 18 shocks
2. Transportation shock – on road
Non-operational, Package, 5.1-7.6 g, 11 ms, 3-42 shocks
Non-operational, Unpackage, 30-50 g, 18 shocks
4. Crash hazard shock
Non-operational, Unpackage, 75 g, 6 ms, 12 shocks
5. Bench handling
Operational, Unpackage, 100 mm
6. Two-wheeled trailer
Non-operational vibration: 5-500 Hz
Duration: 32 minutes
7. Wheeled vehicle
Non-operational vibration:5-500 Hz
Duration: 40 minutes
8. Common Carrier
Operational vibration: 5-500 Hz
Duration: 60 minutes
High Temperature Test
9. Basic hot storage and transit
Non-operational, 30~63°C, 168 hours, 5~44% humidity
10. Basic hot operational
Operational, 30~43°C, 72 hours, 14~44% humidity
11. Hot dry storage and transit
Non-operational, 33~71°C, 168 hours
12. Hot dry operational
Operational, 32~49°C, 72 hours
Low Temperature Test
13. Basic climatic storage and transit
Non-operational, -25~-33°C, 168 hours
14. Basic climatic operational
Operational, -21~-32°C, 72 hours
15. Cold climatic storage and transit
Non-operational, -37~-46°C, 168 hours
16. Cold climatic operational
Operational, -37~-46°C, 72 hours
Sand and Dust Test
17. Blowing dust
Particle density: 10 +/- 7 g/m3
Air velocity: 300~1750 ft/min
18. Blowing sand
Particle density: 1.2 g/m3
Air velocity: 28 m/s
19. Altitude storage
Non-operational, 40,000 feet, -20°C, 12 hours
20. Altitude operation
Operational, 15,000 feet, 5°C/40°C, 12 hours
Freeze and Thaw Test
21. Freeze and thaw test
Humidity: 95% RH
Duration: 1 hour, 3 cycles
22. Humidity test
Humidity: 95% RH
Duration: 10 days
Temperature Shock Test
23. Temperature shock
Duration: 1 hour, 3 cycles
Solar Radiation Test
24. Solar radiation
Spectral irradiance: 1120 W/m2, 49°C
Duration: 24 hours, 3 cycles
Mechanical Vibration Test
25. Mechanical vibration
Frequency: 4-33 Hz
Duration: 2 hours
Explosive Atmosphere Test
26. Explosive atmosphere
Altitude: 15,000~3300 feet
Explosive air: 95% n-Hexane
Truly personalized workflow
MyASUS hosts a collection of handy ASUS apps and tools that help you get more out of your laptop. GlideX is a powerful cross-device screen-sharing solution. ScreenXpert helps you to manage app windows across displays connected to your ASUS PC, giving you full control of your workflow!
MyASUS provides easy access to ASUS apps that are designed to help you maintain your system, update your software, optimize your PC’s performance, and contact ASUS for after-sales support.Learn more about MyASUS
GlideX is a cross-device screen-sharing solution that uses wired or wireless connections to give you a bigger and better space for work and play. GlideX optimizes your workflow in the blink of an eye!Learn more about GlideX
ScreenXpert for ASUS PCs
ScreenXpert for ASUS PCs — which you can download from Microsoft Store or find in your PC’s Start menu — helps you to manage app windows across displays connected to your ASUS PC and puts you in full control of your workflow!Learn more about ScreenXpert for ASUS PCs
- Xbox Game Pass optional. 30-day trial for Xbox Game Pass for PC. Activation required. Credit card required. Unless you cancel, you will be charged the current subscription rate when your trial ends. Game catalog varies over time (xbox.com/gamepass). A conversion ratio applies for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate users. Limit: 1 per person/account.
- The characteristics of an OLED display can eventually change over long periods of use, leading to visible changes. This is completely normal, and can cause behavior such as image burn-in or persistence: this means that a faint ghost of an image remains visible even when it’s replaced by a new image. These effects are more likely to occur if a non-moving (static) high-contrast image is displayed for an excessively long time. ASUS laptops with an OLED display minimize this risk by setting Windows Dark mode as default, as well as shortening the idle time before the screen is turned off — both on mains (AC) and battery (DC) power. This dual approach minimizes the potential for burn-in to maximize the lifespan of your OLED display lifespan, and also reduces unnecessary power draw for optimal battery life. We also recommended adjusting the brightness of your OLED display to complement the ambient lighting in your environment, rather than keeping the screen at maximum brightness at all times. You should also ensure that you have an animated, dark-background screensaver enabled in the Windows Settings tool.
- As of Jan 6th, 2023 based on internal ASUS market analysis comparing 16” Vivobook with comparable 16” laptops to vendors including Acer, Apple, HP, Huawei, Lenovo, Microsoft, Dell, and Samsung.
- Disclaimer: Average tested result: Delta-E < 2, +/- 0.5
- Maximum RAM capacity may vary according to device configuration.
- Maximum SSD capacity may vary according to device configuration.
- The figures are based on theoretical performance. Actual performance may vary in BIOS settings and real-world situations.
- Clinical testing using the ISO 21702 and ISO 22196 standard protocol proved that viral and bacterial growth were inhibited by 99% over a 24-hour period. A 99% reduction in potentially harmful microorganisms is defined as the number of viruses and bacteria on the surface dropping from 1,000,000 (cfu/pfu) to 100 (cfu/pfu).
- The figures are based on theoretical performance. Actual performance may vary in BIOS settings and real-world situations.
- WiFi 6E availability may vary by country and their specific regulations. Feature only supported by Windows 11 or later.
- 802.11ax 2x2 160 MHz enables 2402 Mbps maximum theoretical data rate, ~3x faster than standard 802.11ac 2x2 80 MHz (867 Mbps) and nearly 6x faster than baseline 1x1ac (433 Mbps) Wi-Fi as documented in IEEE 802.11 wireless standard specifications, and require the use of similarly configured 802.11ax wireless network routers.
- This amendment defines standardized modifications to both the IEEE 802.11 physical layers (PHY) and the IEEE 802.11 Medium Access Control layer (MAC) that enable at least one mode of operation capable of supporting at least four times improvement in the average throughput per station (measured at the MAC data service access point) in a dense deployment scenario, while maintaining or improving the power efficiency per station. For additional details visit: https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/14/11-14-0165-01-0hew-802-11-hew-sg-proposed-par.docx
- “Up to 75% lower latency” is based on Intel simulation data of 802.11ax with and without OFDMA using 9 clients. Average latency without OFDM is 36 ms, with OFDMA average latency is reduced to 7.6 ms. Latency improvement requires that the AP and all clients support OFDMA.
- Performance claim is based on the Cinebench R23 Multi Core benchmark, comparing the score of Vivobook Pro 16X K6604JI tested by ASUS in Nov 2022 (configured with an Intel Core i9-13980HX CPU, 32 GB DDR5, and a 1 TB PCIe 4.0 SSD) and Vivobook Pro 16X N7601ZW (with an Intel Core i9-12900H CPU, 32 GB DDR5, and a 2 TB PCIe 4.0 SSD). Test settings: select Performance mode under Fan profile in MyASUS, and idle the laptop for 10mins prior to running the benchmark under AC mode.
- Performance claim is based on the Cinebench R20 Multi Core benchmark, comparing the score of Zenbook Pro Duo UX582ZM tested by ASUS in Feb 2022 (configured with an Intel Core i9-12900H CPU, 32 GB LPDDR5, and a 1 TB PCIe 4.0 SSD), to Zenbook Pro Duo UX582ZM (with an Intel Core i7-12700H CPU, 32 GB LPDDR5, and a 1 TB PCIe 4.0 SSD), and Zenbook Pro Duo UX582HM (with an Intel Core i9-11900H CPU, 32 GB DDR4, a 1 TB PCIe 4.0 SSD). Test settings: select Performance mode under Fan profile in MyASUS, and idle the laptop for 30 to 60 seconds prior to running the benchmark under AC mode.
- The test is performed under laboratory conditions. The thermal figures are based on theoretical performance. Actual performance may vary in BIOS settings and real-world situations.
- Compared to average LCD displays in the market, measuring energy emission of blue light in between 415-455 nm wavelength.
- Compared to an average LCD laptop panel. Average LCD display has a 10 ms response time.
- The animation effects on the website are simulated for reference only.
- Battery durability will vary depending on usage.
- Fast Charging Technology is tested while the device is powered off with the default adapter included with the device. Charging time may vary +/- 10% due to system tolerance.
- ISO 21702 specifies proper methods for measuring antiviral activity on plastics and other non-porous surfaces of antiviral-treated products. Test Viruses used in this International Standard are as follows: Influenza: An enveloped virus known to cause respiratory tract infection in humans. Feline calicivirus: A non-enveloped virus used in place of noroviruses known to cause enteric pathogens due to similar biological properties.
- ISO 22196:2011 specifies a method of evaluating the antibacterial activity of antibacterial-treated plastics, and other non-porous, surfaces of products (including intermediate products).
- COVID-19, H3N2, H1N1, E. coli and Staphylococcus tests were performed by independent third-party laboratories: Boken Quality Evaluation Institute, Japan Textile Products Quality and Technology Center, and National Defense Medical Center.
- Antimicrobial treatments are manufactured by Co-Action Corporation.
- The Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) is the Federal statute that governs the registration, distribution, sale, and use of pesticides in the United States.
- The Biocidal Products Regulation (BPR, Regulation (EU) 528/2012) concerns the placing on the market and use of biocidal products, which are used to protect humans, animals, materials or articles against harmful organisms like pests or bacteria, by the action of the active substances contained in the biocidal product.
- Note that the protective effects of ASUS Antibacterial Guard were tested by ASUS on April 26, 2021, and follow the ISO 22196 method on our specially-treated test samples. The tests provide a simulation of three years of wear and tear, and include exposure to salt spray, thermal shocks, and both alcohol and wool-felt tests. Actual effective antibacterial-protection period may vary depending on product configuration and usage.
- As of 22 August 2022, refer to WHO Coronavirus (COVID-19) Dashboard. https://covid19.who.int/
- Learn more: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/viruses/index.htm
- Learn more: https://www.cdc.gov/ecoli/ecoli-prevention.html
- The actual composition of ASUS Antimicrobial Guard Plus may vary.
- ASUS Antimicrobial Guard Plus is applied on the laptop areas that users touch most frequently, including the palm rest area, keyboard, touchpad and power button/fingerprint sensor.
- Selected products are tested using enhanced military-grade MIL-STD-810H durability standards, with 12 test methods and 26 test procedures, to ensure extraordinary toughness. Based on ASUS internal market research using available information and testing reports from main laptop brand websites on Oct 28, 2022, ASUS consumer laptops use a regime consisting of 26 test procedures, which is the consumer laptop industry’s strictest and most extensive test regime for the MIL-STD-810H standard.
- The testing regime includes the requirements of both military-grade standards and ASUS quality tests, and varies depending on device. MIL-STD-810 testing is conducted on selected ASUS products only. Note that the MIL-STD-810 testing helps to ensure the quality of ASUS products but does not indicate a particular fitness for military use. The test is performed under laboratory conditions. Any damage caused by attempts to replicate these test conditions would be considered accidental, and would not be covered by the standard ASUS warranty. Additional coverage is available with ASUS Premium Care.
- EPEAT registered where applicable. EPEAT registration varies by country. See www.epeat.net for registration status by country.
- Percentage varies according to device configuration.