- Where to buy
- Tech Specs
- Axial-tech fan design has been enhanced with more fan blades and a new rotation scheme.
- Dual ball fan bearings can last up to twice as long as sleeve bearing designs.
- An all-aluminum shroud, reinforced frame, and metal backplate enhance durability.
- MaxContact heat spreader features a super flat surface for improved thermal transfer.
- A 144-hour validation program puts cards through a series of stringent tests to ensure compatibility with the latest games.
- A vented backplate prevents hot air from recirculating through the cooling array.
- GPU Tweak II provides intuitive performance tweaking, thermal controls, and system monitoring.
Radeon™ RX 6900 XT
Radeon™ RX 6800 XT
The TUF GAMING Radeon™ RX 6900 XT is a tenacious beast with a tough metal exterior, super-efficient cooling, and components that offer enhanced endurance. An all-metal shroud houses three powerful axial-tech fans with dual ball fan bearings and extra blades. Under the exoskeleton, a thick heatsink keeps thermals under tight control and TUF components, selected for maximum durability and performance, keep the card ahead of the pack. You asked for a mean machine... this one is ready for action.
Subscribe to receive updates from us about this product.
Bigger, Better Cooling
This generation, our Axial-tech fan design has matured with an increased blade count on all three fans: 13 on the center fan and 11 on the auxiliary fans. The barrier rings on the side fans have been slimmed down to allow for more lateral intake and to provide better airflow through the cooling array. The center fan’s extra blades and full-height ring provide boosted static pressure to blast air directly onto the GPU heat spreader. The fan design growth is specifically optimized for a massive new heatsink that features more fins and surface area than previous iterations.
To bolster the specialized roles of the center and auxiliary fans, the rotational direction of the center fan is reversed. This reduces air turbulence inside the cooling array for another boost to overall thermal performance. Fans will also only start spinning when the GPU temperature hits 60 Celsius and shut off when temps drop below 55 Celsius, helping to reduce noise when the system is idling or under light load.
To get heat up off the die and into the heatsink array, we’ve engaged MaxContact technology to polish the surface of the heat spreader and improve smoothness at the microscopic level. The extra flatness allows for better contact with the die for enhanced thermal transfer.
The heat spreader draws heat up into heatpipes that carry it through a fin stack that fills most of the card’s large, 2.9-slot footprint.
Robust military-grade capacitors were selected for the card’s power design. They and other components are soldered to the PCB using our Auto-Extreme automated manufacturing process. Precise joints and the elimination of human error ensures each graphics card meets our rigorous specifications. To ensure flawless performance when it counts, the cards are subjected to a grueling 144-hour validation trial.
* For illustration only.
A machined all-aluminum shroud creates a robust outer shell and a no-nonsense industrial design and grayscale colorway fits into any build with ease.
The underside of the card reveals further improvements. Most of the rear is swathed in a protective metal backplate that prominently features a wide vent. The vent allows hot air to escape towards chassis exhaust fans instead of being recycled back into the GPU cooler. A GPU bracket provides extra stability to the critical connection between die and heat spreader. Stainless steel is used for the I/O bracket to protect ports and provide a more secure mount. And a conveniently placed Dual Bios switch allows customization of the card’s default performance profile without software.
The front-side RGB element can be customized to display a range of aesthetic and functional effects, and also synced with other ASUS components to enable uniform lighting. To fulfill the power demands of the Radeon RX 6900 XT, two 8-pin power connectors are present, along with onboard LEDs that light up if PSU PCIe power connectors are not plugged in correctly. Structural pillars of a built-in reinforced metal frame are also visible here and add a literal layer of durability.
By GPU Temperature
Low point : ℃
High point : ℃
GPU Tweak II
The ASUS GPU Tweak II utility takes graphics card tuning to the next level. It allows you to tweak critical parameters including GPU core clocks, memory frequency, and voltage settings, with the option to monitor everything in real-time through a customizable on-screen display. Advanced fan control is also included along with many more features to help you get the most out of your graphics card.
The latest Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition unleashes the full potential of your GPU with day-0 drivers optimized for new game releases and a highly customizable gaming experience.
We've partnered with wtfast to help you to play free from lag, latency issues, and lost packets. With a 6-month subscription to the wtfast Gamers Private Network, you'll enjoy lower ping for a smoother, more fluid online gaming experience. Buy an ASUS graphics card - and don't be left waiting!Learn more about wtfast
XSplit offers a premium streaming experience with in-game annotations and other advanced features. Enjoy a free license with the purchase of select ASUS graphics cards. See you online!Learn more about XSplit
Quantumcloud is a simple and secure service that lets you effortlessly earn extra money by putting your idle GPU to work. Earnings are automatically transferred to your WeChat or PayPal account, and your privacy remains intact because Quantumcloud doesn't collect your personal data. Get started making money today!Learn more about Quantumcloud
AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 Series graphics cards deliver ultra-high frame rates and serious 4K visuals. Get breathtaking gaming experiences with powerful new compute units, groundbreaking AMD Infinity Cache, and up to 16GB of dedicated GDDR6 memory. And, when paired with an AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series desktop processor, AMD Smart Access Memory technology offers new levels of gaming performance.
AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 Series graphics cards pull you into the action with immersive gaming technologies and support for DirectX® 12 Ultimate. Experience realistic lighting, shadows, and reflections along with rich detail thanks to DirectX® Raytracing (DXR), variable rate shading (VRS), and AMD FidelityFX features, optimized for AMD RDNA™ 2 architecture.
Instant responsiveness and smooth gaming are leveled-up with low-latency technology from AMD Radeon Anti-Lag1 and AMD Radeon Boost2. Propel your gaming experience with the latest HDMI™ 2.1 VRR technology, USB-C™ enabled VR headsets, or over 1250 AMD FreeSync™ technology-enabled gaming displays3.
FidelityFX Contrast Adaptive Sharpening
Contrast Adaptive Sharpening (CAS) helps increase visual quality with optional upscaling that restores detail lost after Temporal Anti-Aliasing (TAA) is applied.
For games that support FidelityFX CAS, turning off Radeon™ Image Sharpening in Radeon™ Software to avoid over-sharpening is recommended.
FidelityFX Ambient Occlusion
AMD RDNA™ architecture-optimized Combined Adaptive Compute Ambient Occlusion (CACAO) dynamically and efficiently helps improve the appearance of objects based on their exposure to ambient light.
FidelityFX Variable Shading
AMD RDNA™ 2 architecture supports variable rate shading (VRS) to analyze luminance and frame motion to help optimize rendering for better performance without lowering image quality.
DirectX Raytracing (DXR) adds a new level of graphics realism to games through effects like reflections, shadows, and global illumination at real-time frame rates on AMD Radeon™ RX 6000 series graphics, thanks to AMD RDNA™ 2 architecture support for hardware-accelerated raytracing.
- Radeon™ Anti-Lag is compatible with DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 APIs, Windows 7 and 10. Hardware compatibility includes GCN and newer consumer dGPUs Ryzen 2000 and newer APUs, including hybrid and detachable graphics configurations. No mGPU support. GD-157
- Radeon™ Boost is compatible with Windows 7 and 10 in select titles only. Hardware compatibility includes RX 400 and and newer consumer dGPUs, Ryzen 2000 and newer APUs, including hybrid and detachable graphics configurations. No mGPU support. For a list of compatible titles see https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-boost. GD-158
- AMD FreeSync™ technology requires AMD Radeon™ graphics and a display that supports FreeSync technology as certified by AMD. AMD FreeSync™ Premium technology adds requirements of mandatory low framerate compensation and at least 120 Hz refresh rate at minimum FHD. AMD FreeSync™ Premium Pro technology adds requirements for the display to meet AMD FreeSync Premium Pro compliance tests. See www.amd.com/freesync for complete details. Confirm capability with your system manufacturer before purchase. GD-127
- © 2021 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Far Cry, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are registered or unregistered trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries. Based on Crytek’s original Far Cry directed by Cevat Yerli.
- World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands ©2020 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. World of Warcraft and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S. and other countries.
- GODFALL™ Published and distributed by Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox and the Gearbox Software logo are registered trademarks, and the Gearbox Publishing logo is a trademark, of Gearbox Enterprises, LLC. ©2020 Counterplay Games Inc. All rights reserved.
- © 2020 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, FreeSync, Radeon, RDNA, Ryzen, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. HDMI, the HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing, LLC in the United States and/or other countries. USB Type-C® and USB-C® are registered trademarks of USB Implementers Forum. Other product names used herein are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies.