[Notebook] How to install drivers downloaded from ASUS support site
This article applies to how to install drivers which is downloaded from ASUS support site and the file type is Application (.exe). If the downloaded driver from ASUS support site does not include this kind of file type, here you can learn more about How to install driver when you can’t find [setup.exe] or [install.exe].
If you need to reinstall your computer, you can refer to this article for the recommended order of driver installation: The suggested sequence of installation drivers.
- Search and download the driver you would like to install, here you can learn more about How to search and download drivers.
- After the downloading process is completed, double-click on your downloaded file to start the installation procedure①. (The following takes audio driver APOdriver_DTS_ALL_Xperi_Z_V220.127.116.11_21121 as a reference.)
Note: If the file type of your downloaded file is Compressed Folder, please right-click on it and select Extract All so that you are able to start the installation.
- If there is a User Account Control notice appeared, please select [Yes]②.
- Start Setup Wizard, click [Next]③ to continue.
- The following is a notice and license agreement, please select [I accept the agreement]④ after you read and accept this agreement, then click [Next]⑤ to continue.
- Choose an action you want to do. Select [Install]⑥, then click [Next]⑦ to continue.
Note: If you select Extract, Setup Wizard will only extract the file instead of installing it.
- You can select a destination folder where should the driver be installed. If there is not a specific request, we recommend to keep the destination folder by default, and then click [Next]⑧ to continue.
- Setup Wizard is ready to start to install the driver, click [Install]⑨ to continue with the installation.
Note: It may take some time to install the driver, so please make sure that the AC adapter is connected during the install process. Also, please do not force to shut down to prevent any issue.
- Setup Wizard is installing the driver, and please wait for the installation is completed.
- Some drivers may ask you to restart your computer to complete the installation procedure. Please select [Yes, restart the computer now]⑩, and then click [Finish]⑪ to continue with the restart process.
Note: Before restarting the computer, please make sure your data has been saved to prevent any loss.